LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!
Are you seeking therapy because something is not working in your life or just looking to understand yourself better?
I am not your conventional "talk" therapist! I believe that body-oriented and expressive approaches, in conjunction with standard therapy actually works better to reach goals and solve problems - not just muck around in them.
My areas of specialty are medical and early developmental trauma, reclaiming yourself after leaving an abusive relationship, and your relationship to your body and food.
HOW I WORK:
- Holistic - We will consider all aspects of you that seem important or that show up in a given session
- Strength based - I believe that "what you put your attention on grows stronger". We will give attention to what does work as we explore other goals.
- Goal oriented - How can you get "there" if you don't know where you want to go?
- Collaborative - A free exchange of ideas and observations can result in important insights.
- Non-violent - There are no pre-conceived plans or approaches - I tailor our work based on the here-and-now needs that you have, remembering that it is your goals and experience that we are exploring!
- Compassionate - We all suffer from enough judgment and doubt as it is - my goal is to provide a safe environment in which you feel accepted and free to explore.
- Somatic - we may have deep conversation, but there are times when connecting to the internal world of your physiology can be most revealing.
I draw understanding from the gifts and lessons I have learned as a mother, lover, artist, friend and business owner, woman, sister, wife and daughter.
My experience, training, and skill in a number of therapeutic modalities gives our work both flexibility and depth. I hold a MA in Counseling Psychology from JFK University’s School of Holistic Studies, am a certified practitioner and assistant of Somatic Experiencing®, and am certified by the Institute of Eating Psychology© as a Mind-Body Nutrition Coach. I am also
a graduate of The Hakomi Institute of California.
I believe you have everything you need already - I look forward to helping you uncover it!